With over twenty five years in the field of psychotherapy I have accumulated the following experiences:
I have both a Master’s degree and a doctorate in clinical psychology. I attended San Francisco State University’s Clinical Masters program and the Wright Institute for my PhD. My clinical experience involves working with people from ages 3 1/2 to 94 years old. I have worked both short-term and long term with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, and with a wide variety of diagnoses.
I provide play therapy with children, individual therapy with adolescents and adults; see couples – both same sex and opposite sex; and provide group therapy.
My training placements/internships included:
- Jewish Home for the Aged
- Kaiser Permanente (2 years)
- OMI Family Center
- Berkeley Mental Health
- McAuley Neuropsychiatric Institute
- Kaiser (6 years on staff) – extensive crisis work, patient evaluations, numerous groups, individual and couples therapy from a brief therapy model.
- RAMS, Inc (Richmond Area Multi-Services, Inc) – conducted a school-based practicum and trained and supervised staff therapists. RAMS is a clinic integrating psychodynamic theory and cultural issues. Its’ main focus is working with Asian and Russian immigrants and their families.
- Tenderlion Family Program – Family Service Agency of San Francisco – ran a school- and clinic-based practicum.
- San Francisco State University – lecture and provide clinical supervision in the Clinical Master’s program and School Psychologist program for over 10 years. The Clinical Psychology Master’s program is very highly selective, accepting about 5% of the people who apply. In this program I teach psychoanalytic theory, systems theory, family and couples therapy and a model of brief therapy. I also chair masters theses.
- UCSF – provided a group practicum experience for one of the graduate programs for five years.
- Private practice since 1995 – provide therapy for children, adolescents, adults (all ages), couples and groups. I also provide consultation services and parenting coaching.
Additional Consultation Experience (provided clinical consultation services to interns or staff at the following agencies :
- Edgewood Family Center
- New College of California
- McAuley Neuropsychiatric Institute
- Veteran’s Administration
Invited Presenter/Case Discussant:
- Comprehensive Child Crisis
- McAuley Neuropsychiatric Institute – Grand Rounds
- UCSF Clinical Nurse Practitioner Program
- TALK Line – San Francisco Child Abuse Prevention Council
- Haight Ashbury Psychological Services
- Family Service Agency
- Head Start
- Sony Metreon – conducted discussion at premier screening of a moving by Columbia Pictures.
San Francisco Counseling Center:
I am the founder and director of San Francisco Counseling Center. San Francisco Counseling Center offers individual, couples and group therapy. We provide free trainings to graduate students, and free public talks. This is a truly talented and dedicated group of therapists. I have been lucky to find this excellent and inspiring group, individually and collectively we are dedicated to providing high quality psychotherapy services.
More information about the San Francisco Counseling Center can be found at:
San Francisco Clinical Camp:
I am the founder and director of San Francisco Clinical Camp. Based on my experience teaching and training other therapists for almost twenty years and an ongoing interest in working with adolescents – this seemed to be a fun match! With my co-workers, we have taken the curriculum from the courses I teach in the Clinical Psychology program at SFSU and adapted some of it for teenagers. Developmentally, this is an interesting time since adolescents are naturally tasked with developing a new and changing understanding of themselves and the world around them. San Francisco Clinical Camp is not a therapy program, but rather a chance to be exposed to a sophisticated curriculum and learning such concepts as how our subjective experience is altered through such phenomena as psychological defenses, transference, prejudices and preconceptions. I found graduate school to be very exciting, and I have found that adolescents also have enjoyed the small group, intensive seminar style learning. More information can be found at: www.sfclinicalcamp.com